Monday, 03 April 2017 | 0 Comments
DoE Numeracy Conference: the presentation is item 5a below. The continuum handout is item 6. NOTE, I have added an amendment after the presentation upon reading the NESA Course Descriptions released 21/6/17. The continuum handout is correct as per the Syllabus but incorrect as per the Course Descriptions.
This post is a single point to access some of the resources I'm developing as I investigate the new Mathematics Standard Stage 6 Syllabus (2017) released by the NSW Education Standards Authority.
^Updated for November 2017
2. Standard syllabus versus General syllabus: includes each item in the new syllabus mapped to the old syllabus. Also includes links to the Australian Curriculum. This is not official, rather my best guess.
3. Standard syllabus versus General syllabus - Presentation: an overview of the topics in the new syllabus mapped to the old syllabus. Slides designed for presentation.
4. Standard syllabus mapped to General syllabus: an overview of the topics in the new syllabus mapped to the old syllabus. An abbreviated version of #2 above and slightly more detail than #3.
5. 23/04/2017 Presentation: Mathematics Standard - What's new, what stays the same?: a slide package that I will be presenting at Staff Development Day to my faculty. For that reason, some of the slides may be unclear without the context I will provide.
5a. 22/6/2017 Presentation: Mathematics Standard - Orange is the new standard: a slide package presented at Department of Education Numeracy for Learning K-12 Conference
23/6/2017 NESA Course Descriptions: they were released the day before I presented, but I had not read them. There are items in the course descriptions that are different to the syllabus and clarify other points. See this amendment.
6. 29/04/2017 Mathematics Continuum of Learning: from the Mathematics 7-10 Syllabus Continuum of Learning, I have used the new Stage 6 Standard syllabus to attempt to extend the Continuum of Learning. : Updated to include the assumed knowledge as identified in the Course Descriptions.
The interest points for me: Ratios and Rates: 5.2 Ratio and Rates not listed as required and no Rates and Ratios in Year 11. Measurement makes this almighty appearance in Year 11 and then turns into Trig and scale drawing. Mass makes a reappearance after last appearing in Stage 3.
Documents above based on Mathematics Standard Stage Syllabus, NESA, 2017. They are not authorised NESA documents. They are for planning and review purposes only. Shared for use by teachers in schools only.
Over on MathsLinks, I've started aligning content to the new Standard syllabus.
New Subscribe to the …MathsLinks
Simon Job — eleventh year of teaching maths in a public high school in Western Sydney, Australia.
MathsClass is about teaching and learning in a maths classroom. more→
BETWEEN 2 NUMBERS - 1-10
But what is the Fourier Transform? A visual introduction. - YouTube
video fourier maths
Sarah Carter on Twitter: "Spent some time Americanizing this resource from @MathsPadNicola. Already paid off in an awesome way. A student came to get today's work bec… https://t.co/TqzI6sbA8A"
maths graphing straight-line-graphs